Genetics - Okaloosa County School District

Genetics - Okaloosa County School District

Genetics Questions? If you still have questions on Punnett squares and genetics once youve been through the PowerPoint, watch YOUTUBE videos. Also, write down you questions for me to answer in class. Here are a couple helpful YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&featur e=fvwrel&v=prkHKjfUmMs&rl=yes&nomobile=1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-0rSv6oxSY the same On an even page in your notebook draw the picture to the right and fill in each line with descriptions from the list below.

Genotype Phenotype Trait Purebred Hybrid Homozygous Dominant Homozygous Recessive Heterozygous Allele Dominant Allele Recessive Allele Genotype Genotype Homozygous Dominant Homozygous Recessive Purebred Genotype Purebred Trait Heterozygous Hybrid

Phenotype Trait Genotype Allele Trait Dominant Allele Genotype Hybrid Heterozygous Phenotype Trait Traits Answer the following questions beside your chart. Detached 1. What is the difference between a dominant and Earlobes recessive allele? Dimples The dominant allele is always expressed when present Freckles (HH , Hh). Cleft Chin The recessive allele is only expressed when the dominant is absent (hh). Brown /

2. If you were a scientist and only had a chart of a Black hair populations traits, how could you decide what Brown Eyes traits were dominant and what were recessive? The traits that had the highest number in the population would be dominant. There are three different genotype combinations HH , Hh , hh. The dominant allele has a 2/3 chance of being expressed over a recessives 1/3 chance. # Traits Attached Earlobe No Dimples No Freckles No cleft Blonde Hair Gray / Blue Eyes # Punnett square #2 is incorrect. The Alleles move straight down or straight across. They can not be moved upper case A is diagonal into the Punnett square.The incorrect. It should be

two lower case as A a a a Aa Aa aa aa 1 a a A a Aa aa

Aa Aa 2 A a a a aa Aa aa Aa 3 How to complete a Punnett Square Write on blank side of half sheet Step 1 Draw the 4 square Step 2 Put parent alleles on the outside of Punnett square. Male / Father alleles

E Female / Mom Alleles E Trait Eye Color Alleles - Brown Eyes and Blue Eyes E = Brown e= blue e e Step 3- Bring dad alleles down - Bring mom alleles across Step 4- Determine probability/percentage of each genotype Percentage 75% chance of brown eyes 25% chance of blue eyes Male / Father alleles E Female / Mom Alleles

E e e EE Ee Ee ee Trait Eye Color Alleles - Brown Eyes and Blue Eyes E = Brown e= blue g G g Gg gg

Gg g gg is homozygous recessive and 50% gg 50% t t T T Tt Tt Tt Tt 100% tt is homozygous recessive and 0 %

Recently Viewed Presentations

  • TREPONEMATOSIS Bejel. Pinta.

    TREPONEMATOSIS Bejel. Pinta.

    All the nonvenereal Treponema species are transmitted, chiefly by direct contact, among children living in tropical and subtropical climates. PINTA Synonyms: pinta, azul, carate, endemic treponematosis, mal de pinto. Pinta is an endemic, contagious, systemic, nonvenereal treponematosis.
  • thelandscapedesigncenter.com Just as you would not build a

    thelandscapedesigncenter.com Just as you would not build a

    Just as you would not build a house without blueprints, you should not put together a landscape without a design, no matter how small. thelandscapedesigncenter.com
  • Physical Health in Mental Illness Presenter name, position,

    Physical Health in Mental Illness Presenter name, position,

    Risky sexual behaviour in people with mental illness, particularly mood disorders (Carey et al. 2004) People with a substance use disorder (and mental illness) more vulnerable to HIV and STI in general (Cournos et al. 1994, Gray et al. 2002)...
  • Spelling rule for the "oi/oy" sound - Weebly

    Spelling rule for the "oi/oy" sound - Weebly

    The "ai/ay" rule. We need to learn spelling rules to help us spell. words we know and words we don't know. Here is a rule about words that have the sound /ay/ like . say or rain. If the sound...
  • Vectors & Scalars - Welsh Government

    Vectors & Scalars - Welsh Government

    A scalar quantity is a quantity that has magnitude only and has no direction in space Examples of Scalar Quantities: Length Area Volume Time Mass A vector quantity is a quantity that has both magnitude and a direction in space...
  • Unit 0 Introduction - NWCG

    Unit 0 Introduction - NWCG

    Slope Effects Example: Fuel Model=#3 (Tall Grasses) Fine Fuel Moisture=3% Mid-flame windspeed=0 mph Rate of Spread/Flame Length 0% Slope = 6 cph /3.8'
  • Kein Folientitel - Paul Scherrer Institute

    Kein Folientitel - Paul Scherrer Institute

    The "Generic VME PMC Carrier Board" Status and Perspectives of a Common Digital Platform for Beam Diagnostics and Feedbacks at PSI B. Keil, R. Kramert, P. Pollet, P. Spuhler,
  • Welcome to Your Award-Winning Class!

    Welcome to Your Award-Winning Class!

    Welcome to Your Award-Winning Class! I have high hopes for the students of Somerset Silver Palms High School! This class changes lives. At Coral Reef, Academies went out the window.