www.roadsafeni.com ROAD SAFE NI Northern Ireland Primary School
www.roadsafeni.com ROAD SAFE NI Northern Ireland Primary School Road Safety Quiz 2018 Kindly sponsored by CRASH SERVICES www.roadsafeni.com
ROUND 1 ROAD SAFETY www.roadsafeni.com 1. Only one road sign is an octagon shape. What does it tell road users to do? 2. You are cycling along a road towards a Pelican Crossing, the amber light is flashing, what should you do? 3. What type of clothing should you wear to ensure that you are seen in the hours of darkness? 4. In the traffic light sequence, which light comes after a solitary amber light?
5. What is the very first instruction given in the Green Cross Code? 6. What does a blue sign with a white bicycle and a white pedestrian mean? 7. What colour are the road signs found on motorways ? 8. If there is no pavement and you have to walk on the road you need to www.roadsafeni.com ROUND 2 GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
www.roadsafeni.com 1. In which country did Pharaohs rule? 2. What are molars, premolars, incisors and canines all types of? 3. In the Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling, who was the leader of the wolf pack? 4. What type of fruit is dried to make a prune? 5. The name of which of Santas reindeer means lightning in German? 6. How many months of the year have 31 days? 7. Which legendary king sat at a round table? 8. Which of the following animals is a herbivore:
a) Crocodile, b) Giraffe, c) Tiger? www.roadsafeni.com ROUND 1 ROAD SAFETY ANSWERS www.roadsafeni.com 1. STOP
2. Check the crossing is clear and if so you can proceed 3. Reflective 4. Red 5. First find a safe place to cross 6. Cycle and pedestrian route 7. Blue and White 8. Walk on the right hand side of the road facing oncoming traffic www.roadsafeni.com
ROUND 3 ROAD SAFETY www.roadsafeni.com 1. Which five parts of your bicycle should you check each day? 2.
What should you always wear when cycling? 3. At which type of pedestrian crossing would you find a beacon? 4. Which shape are road signs that give warnings ?
5. At what age may a child legally ride in the front seat of a car? 6. On which side of the car should children get in and out ? 7.
Which part of the body is injured in nearly half of all cycle accidents? 8. Why can bad behaviour by children in a car be dangerous? www.roadsafeni.com ROUND 2 GENERAL
ANSWERS www.roadsafeni.com 1. ROAD SAFETY 2. TRAFFIC LIGHTS 3. FOOTPATH 4. PEDESTRIAN 5. HIGHWAY CODE 6. BUS LANE 7. GREEN CROSS CODE
8. PELICAN CROSSING www.roadsafeni.com ROUND 6 IDENTIFY THE LOGO www.roadsafeni.com 2
1 4 3 www.roadsafeni.com 6 5
7 8 www.roadsafeni.com ROUND 5 ROAD SIGNS ANSWERS
www.roadsafeni.com Identify the road sign 1 2 Crossroads No U Turns
4 3 Steep hill upwards www.roadsafeni.com No Through road
Identify the road sign 5 6 No entry for vehicular traffic No right turn 8
7 www.roadsafeni.com Two way traffic crosses one way road End of Motorway ROUND 7 WORD SEARCH
www.roadsafeni.com www.roadsafeni.com ROUND 6 IDENTIFY THE LOGO ANSWERS www.roadsafeni.com 1
2 3 4 www.roadsafeni.com 5
7 6 8 www.roadsafeni.com ROUND 8
Road Safety www.roadsafeni.com 1. In mph, what is the speed limit in most built up areas such as towns? 2. What colour are the lines painted to form a box junction ? 3 At which type of crossing may a cyclist ride across ? 4. At a Pelican Crossing, what does a flashing green man signal mean to pedestrians? 5. At what age can you legally drive a car ? 6. What is the name of the Dfi road safety calendar mascot ?
7 Which shape are road signs that give orders ? 8. Only one road sign is an upside down triangle, which one ? www.roadsafeni.com ROUND 7 WORD SEARCH ANSWERS www.roadsafeni.com
4. If you are already on the crossing you may continue. If you are not on the crossing, Do Not Start to Cross. 5. 17 years old 6. Skooter 7 Round 8. GIVE WAY www.roadsafeni.com www.facebook.com/roadsafeni
FOR PICTURES OF THIS EVENT THANK YOU - SAFE HOME www.roadsafeni.com
Rhetorical Modes. Rhetorical refers to the ancient art of argumentation and discourse. Thus, rhetorical modes would be the techniques used to manipulate the language to effectively transmit the author's message to a reader. Patterns. Mode may be defined as: a....
Gaio Mario, homo novus Gaio Mario era quello che si diceva un homo novus: proveniva da una famiglia municipale di rango equestre e dunque non apparteneva alla aristocrazia senatoria (nobilitas). Nel 108 a.C., poi sposò Giulia, zia di Giulio Cesare,...
* Source: Schwartz 2003 * * Summary and Conclusions Globalization is certain business trend, as the Asian markets will expanding at a high growth rate in the next 15 to 20 years Ample opportunities for those who are prepared with...
Primary Source Summary Project Instructions remain posted on course website Paper due on Monday, 7 Oct 19 @ 5:00 pm (three days from today) Friendly Alert Instructions for the "Music Description Project" are now posted on the course web site...
Karl Poppers White Swans. Looking for evidence to support a pre-conceived opinion, rather than looking for information to prove oneself wrong. Example: Patient seen with upper abdo pain, heavy drinker, some weight loss, blood test normal. Clinical diagnosis of dyspepsia....
The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be ignited. (Plutarch) Bloom's Revised Taxonomy Taxonomy of Cognitive Objectives 1950s- developed by Benjamin Bloom Means of expressing qualitatively different kinds of thinking Adapted for classroom use...
Perspectives on Socialization ... Desocialization Resocialization Anticipatory Socialization Reference Groups Desocialization & Resocialization Total Institutions Separates from rest of society Desocialization Give up old norms, values, attitudes Remove self-concept Resocialization New norms ...
Ready to download the document? Go ahead and hit continue!